Mitch (Gaming SubDAO subcommittee member)
Lien (Gaming SubDAO subcommittee member)
Amos (Gaming SubDAO subcommittee member)
Jett (Perion contributor)
First off - Welcome to the Perion governance module! The launch of governance represents an important milestone as we advance our journey toward decentralisation, building a DAO that solves for functionality, participation and effective momentum for Perion and all DAO members / contributors.
To give a short preface, this first funding mandate will be a little different than those to come. In launching the governance module, one key parameter is very important to set correctly: The minimum participation threshold for community voting. Perion employs a tri-party consensus model involving the community, an independent validator, and subcommittees. Community voting is based on staked PERC (1 staked PERC = 1 vote). At present the minimum participation threshold of 10% of liquid PERC supply. If the threshold is unmet, an automatic abstain vote occurs.
We’d like to take the time to make sure this threshold is set correctly before proceeding to larger, more meaningful votes. The community should be actively involved in the governance process and this is an important parameter to set correctly, achieving balancing between security and participation.
As the main function of this proposal is to measure the threshold for the community vote and test platform functionality, we’ll forego the usual voting timeline of feedback, integration and voting. Moving straight to the voting component.
- Further details surrounding abstain votes can be found in the the documentation ()
- Further details surrounding the voting process for funding mandates can be found in the documentation ()
Once the vote is complete we will discuss parameters within the Feedback section of the forum.
Diving into the the proposal, we’ll be focusing on a key area of opportunity: Contracting a coach for our eSports team. Explore the details below in the complete proposal.
As Axie Infinity eSports tournaments offer significant value capture opportunities for Perion’s treasury (approx. $350,000 in prize pools over the next 3 months, with the potential for far more should AxieCon 2023 go ahead), we propose hiring a professional eSports coach for our Axie infinity gaming team to maximise our chance of success. Please refer to the attached table for upcoming tournament prize-pools and details (
Motivation / thesis:
Several factors are built into our motivation for proposing and eSports coach:
i) To significantly improve our team’s chances of winning tournaments
ii) To increase the value of Perion’s treasury through said wins
iii) To continue establishing Perion as a dominant early force in the Web3.0 eSports sector
- Perion is in early talks with Hearthstone coaches, the most competitive Axie Infinity analog
- Contractor salary/month: $500 - $4,000 USD
- Monthly contract with potential for 12-month renewal
- Unused budget will not carry over
- Additional funding requires amending this mandate
- Candidates salary will be determined as a function of merit and skill
Monthly updates with regard to the gaming team are to be provided via 2 channels:
- Monthly Treasury snapshot will provide details of value generated by the Perion gaming team
- Ongoing updates will be provided via Perion media channels: , , etc
Community feedback amendments:
- None at this time
Stage I vote:
- 9th May ‘23, 10:00 UTC
Stage II vote:
- 12th May ‘23, 10:00 UTC
- 15th May ‘23, 10:00 UTC
- Coach will be onboarded within 1 month of proposal execution
- For details on consensus mechanisms and voting see the Perion documentation ()
- Timeline assumes passing of all vote phases, which is not guaranteed
None currently identified